View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
kjdolphins

Short on time, short on funds... "Lola"

Well, time to start one of my first builds ever, and I figured what better way to do it than with a chevy truck. Bought a 72' C-10 LWB 350/350 that I plan to restore/rebuild and keep for the rest of my life. She runs and drives like a champ!

Story: I'm a college student/football player, so its really hard for me to find time at any point of the year, including summer, to take part in much of anything. I'm coming to that point in my life where I'll be completely moving out soon, and I really wanted to start a project with my dad that I can keep with me for life. My dad's favorite hobby is restoring muscle cars.He does everything including suspensions, engines, transmissions, he paints them himself (in our little shack of a garage), and I would really like to take the time I have left to spend it with him doing what we love.

The truck, "Lola": Lola also has her own story. We bought the truck from a family friend. To make a long story short, this man was very close with my deceased uncle who had passed away due to a motorcycle accident a few years back (he was hit by someone texting and driving). My uncle and dad were best friends and were avid drag racers, so they were both motorheads. This guy basically cut me a deal on this truck and made me promise I'd bring it back when finished and let him go for a spin. I, of course, agreed. So "Lola" is basically our tribute to my uncle.

I know how much you guys like pictures, so here's a few to start with!
As you can see, some patch panels were thrown in with the deal, along with some replacement fenders because the originals are a little dinged up.
Attached Images

78 Z/28 Camaro - "Rocky"
89 Camaro RS 305 TBI DD - "Betsy"
kjdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote