View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 01:11 AM   #272
Desperado454

Re: Parked Indefinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
What fuel pump and size of lines did you end up going with? My biggest thing in putting the turbos is the cost of it all. I may make all the piping and stuff and put the turbos on later. We'll see. The real goal is to drive it in July. That is a big goal as the frame is literally being repaired and the body is on a dolly. haha
pump is a walbro 255 with -8 lines for the feed and return. I like to think i got my setup done pretty cheap, but i guess it just seems that way since it was spread out. Sounds like a lofty plan, but it doesn't have to be pretty or even all together to be able to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudigginit View Post
What are the specs on the motor? Cam, Crank, Pistons, Heads? Looking into single turbo my '82 just curious as to ehat you have holding yours together. And are you using any high pressure head gaskets?
I've never had this motor apart so i don't really have exact specs. I'm guessing it has the stock cam, crank, heads and cast pistons though. Doubt the head gaskets are anything special either. I do have a boost retard box on it as well as a wideband which helps preserve things they say, plus i'm only running 8psi or so. Was driving it the other day and it seemed fairly gutless, and wasn't making any boost or turbo noise, couldn't even chirp 3rd for christs sake! Popped the hood and it turned out the tube came off the hat, figured it'd still make the spooling sound but i guess not. Anyways, hooked it back up and now its back to breaking loose halfway through first and spinning till i let up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorism View Post
Very nice center console! I was looking into the horseshoe shifter myself this last week. But ive got bigger fish to fry at the moment.
Thanks!

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote