View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
ray_mcavoy

Re: Turn Signal Issues and I'm frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
ray_mcavoy, thank you for keeping me motivated on this. I'm happy to report that I pulled that fuse to see if it was blown. It was not but, I swapped it out with another one anyway and bam! All four signals are working like a champ.
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that part turned out to be an easy fix! I agree with Rich ... the problem with the fuse was likely due to oxidation & removing/replacing it was enough to re-establish contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
This is my first square body but, I will say I've always had the weirdest gremlins with old GM trucks. Chevelles, Novas, Camaros are pretty straight forward but, these old trucks just need constant tinkering which is fine by me.
I guess some of that could possibly be attributed to the fact that trucks are often used in harsher conditions (rough roads, off-road, and such) ... more so than most cars. So parts can potentially be exposed to more dust, dirt, water, etc.

Reading back through this thread, it sure sounds like you had a weird combination of gremlins with this case ... The old turn signal switch was most likely causing the behavior you were seeing at first with only left rear signal working. But to have the fuse problem right after replacing the switch (causing all of the turn signals to quit working) was definitely a strange coincidence
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote