View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #17
OrrieG

Re: PHOTO WANTED - Stock Throttle Linkage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnduane View Post
Will, looking at the pic of the linkage you have, the rod that the pedal presses on looks like it is nearly straight to the bar that the carb rod attaches to. As you cn see on mine, there needs to be a angle between the two for the linkage to work. My assembley is welded together, can your rod be rotated?
If this is addressed to me, I do not use a pedal. I bent (and I think cut off a little) of the inside arm to get it where it felt right for me. The outside part if a pressed, maybe spot welded, fit to the shaft, never had to rotate it, I make the linkage from the arm to the carb adjustable so idle keeps the inside lever as low as possible while allowing WOT. What you are showing is from something else, I sold both the stock 74 throttles from my donor trucks. They are similar, bolt to the firewall with cable pull. If you look at the domed part of the firewall there is a recess for the V-8 throttle linkage. Mine actually came off of a 62 truck they are all similar thru 66.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote