View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #40
71Dragtruck

Re: Project "lighten it up" including Scott's IFS install

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
The truck looks really good. It looks like the wheelbase has grown like mine has about an inch. In other words they built it to position the tires correctly in the fenderwheels. I really like those wheels too! I never have seen any of the modern wheels that I would even consider using but those are sharp. On another note dont be scared of an aluminium block. I love my Brodix block although it took me awhile to get the power level back it is worth it. They are almost infinitly repairable.
Yes the kit does move their wheel forward. The things that have me swaying away from the aluminum block are the expansion quirks and how it effects valve lash and bearing clearances.

Do you have any real problems or hassel with this, what kind of power loss did you end up with? I'd like to make at least 1100hp with 582 cubes and a SR20 head package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatesracing View Post
The truck looks great! Can i ask Why you decide on using the Scotts crossmember?
Scott's was optioned out the way I wanted, I could order keeping stock width and I liked how the motor mounts were just on the inner frame rails and not attached to the bottom cross member. It also seamed like it had the minimum needed components and steel keeping it light, welds on it are top notch too.

If it is also the route you decide to take my one piece of advice is to ask for and deal with Justin on your order.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote