View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #1637
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Well Played Sir, way to adapt and overcome
I wish it were so... luckily I never lose my cool like that when there are others around.
Pretty sure it would scare some one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
side markers look cool ..do you know where the other lights are going in
Yep been working on that in conjunction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
Great to see an update Mike! I love the side markers... you know... if you stacked 3 of them one above the other, they would look like sergeant stripes, nd how fitting would that be???
Cheers!
Yes, that thought occured to me as well. Got them mounted in today, they turned out pretty awesome, I think.... LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
x2!
When I first saw the markers the way he placed them on the fender, I was trying to figure out what they reminded me of. That just might be it!
Thanks for taking a look man !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckswede View Post
Good day, sir! It feels very awkward making a first post in someones build thread. You, of course, have absolutely no idea who i am, but i on the other hand, have been following along your build and kind of think i've gotten to know you a little bit through your journey this far. Weird, wuh?
I've been laughing real hard at your video-duel-thingys with the amazing Bompensteins creator Mr. Bomp, and i've been enjoying your journey with all your personal solutions and inventions on your truck. Very well done, sir!
Been admiring your beautiful Pontiacs and your cool tow truck too.
You have a really educational and entertaining thread going here, and i will keep reading for as long as you keep posting stuff here.
By the way, any chans of seeing more of that truck-cat-track vehicle you spotted this winter, now that the snow is gone?
You do great work sir, i'm taking notes for sure. And, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for making a comment, I am glad you enjoy my madness... I need to reissue the challenge to Bomp too. He has been hiding behind that Honey-Do list for too long. I enjoy your build too, you overseas guys (and gals Veronika !!) really have a challenge and I salute you your efforts !!
I still wonder about the christmas tree lights in your garage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubbs View Post
Wow coming along great. Seen you driving the tow truck on the base a few weeks ago.
Dude !! I am ready to drag that 85 Sierra to where ever you want it, if you still want it... The bed is immaculate, lots of good parts still on it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
nice on the side markers murph. closing in on a very cool truck.
Thanks Clem. I really and truely wish I had the shop you do, then I would have no excuses for doing shoddy work. I am having to make do with "good enough" as my dead line looms ever closer on the horizion.

**************************************************************************************

Ok as you can see the paint came off the top of the water pretty good !!
Name:  24may14 bed progression (1).jpg
Views: 484
Size:  52.4 KB

The bottles of epoxy are for carbon fiber, but it sets up totally clear.
Name:  24may14 bed progression (2).jpg
Views: 475
Size:  39.3 KB

Tailgate on, and down:
Name:  24may14 bed progression (4).jpg
Views: 477
Size:  57.1 KB

Lit up with the lights on:
Name:  24may14 bed progression (5).jpg
Views: 475
Size:  49.2 KB

Lit up with the lights off:
Name:  24may14 bed progression (7).jpg
Views: 479
Size:  20.3 KB

I am seriously unhappy with the way the letters turned out. A classic example of me over working something.
Not sure if you all can see it in the photo, but the letter color came out very blotchy, like watercolors done poorly. From 10-20 feet back they look fine, but any closer and they look sickly....
The plan at this time is to see if I can get everything else done before the deadline to free up time for another go at this. Which is what I shared the clear setting epoxy with you all for. If I get another whack at this, I am going to set the plexiglass, and then fill the letters with that epoxy and go from there.

More updates tomorrow, I had a pretty productive weekend, but it is dinner time and I am being rude right now

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote