View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #58
atvpro

Re: K20 Identity Crisis

Another update on the things going on at Rtech Fabrications. On the Drill Sergeant the bed is finally in the body shop, I will show one picture of that below. The blazer project has really come along quite nicely; the tub is in the body shop also. We have a temporary redheaded step child here, ie) a 65' mustang for rust repairs and body work clean-up.

Now on the 70' C50 Crew Cab with a 5.9 cummins - one ton 4wd -project - after putting a mock up cab on to find out where I needed to cut and how I wanted to lay out the fire wall, I have removed the cab and have installed the crew cab. I am doing the turbo charger a little differently than most guys do, I have flipped the exhaust manifold upside down which put the turbo charger up higher. Since there will not be any heating or air conditioning on the firewall or under the dash I have plenty of room to do things my way. Instead of the inner cooler being in the front of the vehicle, it will be on the passenger side above the highly modified inner fender well. It will draw its air from the cowl where the fresh air vents normally draw from. It will be electric fan operated off of a temperature sensor switch. I invite any and all input, good or bad, on this idea.

Now to answer the undoubtable questions; the heating and air conditioning will all be located underneath the back of the cab in a box accessible from inside the cab.

atvpro is offline   Reply With Quote