View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #1646
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
Well my friend, you cannot expect perfection on the first go everytime when you are pushing the envelope as you always do... I suspect that Edison was not successful with his first attempt at the light bulb. Good plan to move on and revisit this later. Very cool theory, and if you ask me, from the pictures it looks pretty darn good. Keep your stick on the ice mister.
Thanks for the encouragement bud, I am already planning my revenge !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
I think it looks great! Everything I do, I could do better the next time, it never ends. You're close Murph, you'll be driving this thing in no time and will for sure be re-visiting a lot of this once you've settled in again. Can't wait to see it in person!
I cannot wait to show it to you brother !! It's going to be pretty cool being neighbors with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I like it! Keep it up, Murph, the end is in sight!
It gets closer every day buddy, I swear it !! LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Whether or not you're completely happy with the results or not at this point, that tailgate is one of the coolest automotive adventures I've ever seen. The concept is fantastic, and as mentioned from a few feet away it looks incredible.
Considering what you do to your truck, I have got to consider that pretty high praise !! We keep up like this and people will start thinking we are brothers at the shows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
I agree with Mark… You have completely raised the bar beyond reach with this INCREDIBLE build…

Re-Visit is the current Mantra with my build… I am not aiming for show quality, I just am itching to drive my truck…

Keep up the Great Work!!! …and I've also been rude a few dinner times myself...
Dude your engine looks so sweet right now, I cannot say enough good things about it, those headers you are are just too cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Yea it's not perfect but it's something I could live with for a long time. LOL. Your doing some great work with your ideas and truly making it a one of a kind, if your lucky you get it right the first time, if not, you get the pleasure of doing it again. Are you ever truly done with these trucks, most just improve constantly. Again superior job!!!
Thanks man, but the score goes to the UnLucky team this time... I will show you just how bad here in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratexpress1369a View Post
that looks awesome ..i knew you would knock it out of the park
thanks Pirate, but .... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckswede View Post
Looking good to me too from northern europe.
Maybe there is a smidge of truth in the saying that we are always our own worse critics? I know i am with what i do. Your ideas and executions of them are nothing less than brilliant, and a joy to follow.
By the way, i think you got me mixed up with another swede here, 2mas.
No christmas tree lights in my garage, just an old project and 8x12 meters of chaos in desperate need of cleaning and organising. Carry on, sir.
I am so sorry for confusing you with 2MAS, but in my defense all you Swedes look the same to me....

Just kidding !!
Thank you for the kind words, please feel free to steal anything I do and make it better for your build !!

*******************************************************************************************

Ok now for the ugly.
Just because you guys were so swell and supportive, I just HAD to go down and take some up close and stinky pics of those letters for you all. I was starting to feel like I was living a lie with praise I did not deserve. So here you go:
Name:  27may14 progress (4).jpg
Views: 446
Size:  13.6 KB
Name:  27may14 progress (5).jpg
Views: 444
Size:  12.5 KB

Those certainly fall into the "Not so spiffy" category IMO.
They look like they have cancer....bleh !!
But this next project turned out pretty satisfying...

All that trouble to get those tailgate retainer/support arms drilled and I learned the hard way why they have an oblong hole at the pivot point... because they bind when you close the tailgate and it....will....NOT.....close !!

So I came up with a plan B ...... Yeah baby ...... CABLES !!
The actual credit for the idea goes to my down stairs neighbor Daniel...so kudos to him.
I thought about modding something from the junk yard, but as I thought about it, I figured I could make them up real quick.
Soooooo step one, cut the removable fulcum end from the old supports and notch to take the cable:
Name:  25may14 bed progress (3).jpg
Views: 443
Size:  50.1 KB

Two, weld cable to fulcrum end:
Name:  27may14 progress (11).jpg
Views: 441
Size:  63.2 KB

Three, grind welds.... and grind and grind and grind....:
Name:  27may14 progress (13).jpg
Views: 442
Size:  54.8 KB

Oops, that is 5 photos.... give me a bit, more to come !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote