View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
Looks good sitting on the jack, bet it looks even better now that it's bolted in place. I don't remember, where does the vent line go to on the truck from the 241? I can't remember if it goes to trans top cover bolt, bell housing, back of head... Good to see you got it in without any unnecessary strain or injury. I see a jackstand under the trans tail; do you mount the 241, tighten the 6 bolts, route and connect wires & vent, and then do crossmember, leaving drivelines for last?
I don't know where the 241 vent is supposed to be routed exactly. It definitely wasn't routed well when I took it out. At present I have it running up to the top of the transmission and then paired with the trans vent tube. From there both run parallel (zip tied symmetrically of course) up to the floor board and over the frame rail on the left side.

I installed it exactly like you said. Jackstand to hold trans up. Mount 241. Secure all bolts, linkage, wiring and lines, then jack it all up, install mount and crossmember, then finally drive lines.

As I was installing the rear driveline, I was noticing my next project. The rearend has a weepy pinion seal and two weepy axle seals. I'm sure the brakes are cruddy from the leaking axles. I was running a parts list in my head (not too bad) when I noticed this (click for video)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...B314CD0E09.mp4

Sh1t. Nothing else to say but sh1t. That just went from a pinion seal job to a rearend on sawhorses rebearing job.

I'm dead broke right now and dropping 2 to 3 bills on a bearing kit ain't gonna happen for a little while. I'm frustrated. Gonna have to walk away for a few days and reset my head.