View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #870
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Been there. Better to take a break than git out there when not motivated. Quickest way for me to suffer burn out.
You could clean the shop though. That always gets me turned around.

Broom, dust pan, some lemon fresh Pledge......clean time done......... Put a wrench in my hand!
My greatest mentor was a machinist / instructor in college (Industrial Fluid Power). Dude ran a tight ship, clean shop and just plain didn't do $hit stupid. He called fart when he smelled fart. Shout out to Ed Willey, you made a dent man. If I had my way, you could serve over-easy eggs under my bench vise. Score an inline yet? I'm tellin' you dude, get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molberg View Post
Nice choice on the super 10's brother... Plan on running them myself. From what I've seen with them.. Best to place them as far behind the cab as possible (less droan at cruising speed) and run your pipes out from under the vehicle. Had "dumps" once under the box. Won't do that again. Lol.
Thanks for looking over here man! I've got no first-hand experience but I did look at about a jillion video clips. I want thist thing to sound good. My plan is to have the muffs just past the trailing arms cross member, under the bed and run tail pipes over the axle and out the sides, behind those 295's. I'm also going to use a balance pipe just past the trans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Yup, when I'm jammed up, I start cleanin. Seems to help.
*uckin $hit-storm in here lately. With the Boy, it's like a truck fixin' convinience store. Gotta teach him to get some skin when he's sorting out OPP! We swept up and all tools are in check. Cross member is basically there and I got a few sheckles to buy some bent pipe for exhaust. Crummy need some love tho and I ain't got much firewood out there

I prolly think about Boppa's 5.3 just about as much as you do Chip. That's gonna be a sweet ride for him and it's just soooo cool that you did that for your Pa. I'd be proud if I could do the same. My Pa has a '75 Silverado that he uses like a dozer. I have some good pics too. I'd love to whip that thing into shape for him. He'd park the 2014 Subaru, I'm sure.

Thanks for hanging in dudes. I WILL FINISH THIS TRUCK and it's gonna be bit*hin!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote