View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #44
jeboblasto

Re: 67 c10 - aka "the heavy chevy" mk II

So...recently... opened up the diff, replaced oil, additive for limited slip ( was having problems with dragging tires in turns ), and sold the bed/box. Now i have extra motivation and opportunity to get at it. Have taken the grinder to the outside edges ( top, outside and bottome ) and painted with rust nuking paint, and today added a layer of gloss black tremclad Undercoating was all peeling off and everything is rusty as heck, or was. Am going to replace the upper coil spring mounts as they are in rough shape. But first....finish grinding and painting frame, build flat bed, and sort out tail lights. Pretty stoked right now. Also took off muffler/tailpipes and sanded and painted them to further their lifespan a bit. As usual, i have more time than money, so i'm doing things the hard way, but it is educational. I find it a strange paradox of modern life, when you can afford it you will more likely get someone else to do the work for you, but when you can't afford it you learn and prove you can do something yourself which makes you richer in other ways. Anywho...once flatbed is started or done, i can still get at the suspension etc and get a lot done this summer. Stoked!
[ATTACH]Name:  IMG_7365_2.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  60.9 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

jeboblasto is offline   Reply With Quote