View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #24
Parishchief1

Re: Lsx376 2.9l whipple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10seconds View Post
With that LSX motor you will have a tough time finding a set of headers that will work because of the six bolt heads. I know that the Trailblazer ss kooks LT's will not work with the extra tabs on the heads. I was able to put together a pretty stout forged "LS3" for much less than that lsx crate motor will cost you.

I can also tell you that the 2.9 whipple will clear the hood just fine. It sits up high but clears the 67 hood. For injectors I went with ID850's. I have the LS3 C6 whipple so I have the corvette accessories. You'll also need a fuel system to go with that 2.9 whipple.

This stuff really adds up quickly. I guess it all depends on how deep your pockets are.

I talked to a tech at whipple and he's telling me to make 700rwhp I would have to run the 4.0l whipple which sits 13" off of the block and I don't think that monster will fit under my hood, I'm running a 2" cowl hood. Which ls coil packs to use? The ls3 style? And what fuel system are u guys running a know fast makes a gen 3 kit and mast performance has one capable of 1200 hp