View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 LS Swap help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
So now I need to come up with a fuel system. I really wanted to eliminate the saddle bags for the one 26 gal tank but since thats not possible, it looks like I am stuck with them.

Fuel Cells are awesome. Light weight, any capacity, fit wherever.

However, problem is the sending units put out a 0-120ohm signal for older fuel gauges, the newer gauges run a 90-240ohm signal... How do I jump that hurdle?

You'd have to search for the exact part #, but "late model" sending unit can be made to work with a resistor (or is it a pull-up resistor? I can't remember). Cheap, easy.

Also some how to mount the pressure sensor and the evap tank from the 01.

Don't bother, even on stock wiring you can just remove that circuit. The ECU will need to be tuned no matter what, and setting EVAP to OFF and no DTC is just another button click.

Also I have no clue what an fitting I will need, how many I will need, size or type or whatever. I know I need the expensive high pressure fuel hose with the smooth clamps.

3/8 is -6AN

:

the Bold may or may not be helpful, depends on which direction you want to take. I get the idea of wanting to use the stock wiring, but because of the labor and nit-picky-ness of pulling factory wiring out of a salvage truck, IMO it just ends up being easier to have a custom harness made. I also think the stock dash is more work than its worth, but thats just me.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote