View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
NastyBuzzard

Re: 1987 GMC V1500 LS Swap help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
the Bold may or may not be helpful, depends on which direction you want to take. I get the idea of wanting to use the stock wiring, but because of the labor and nit-picky-ness of pulling factory wiring out of a salvage truck, IMO it just ends up being easier to have a custom harness made. I also think the stock dash is more work than its worth, but thats just me.
Thank you!! Any fuel cells you recommend that will be able to route to a stock filler neck area???

It seems that there may be a possibility of taking the parts I need off the 01 pump assy. I am going to look into that later.

For now it seems my plan is to run only one 16 gal tank with the right pump/sending unit and then later go back and replace the 16 gal tank with the 20 gal tank. I plan to move the tank to the d.s. mostly to use the fuel line setup/routing from the 01 donor if I can. This will save me from having to purchase AN fitting... I think... All I need is high pressure hose w/ smooth clamps.

I already have pulled the entire harness from the 01 donor. I labelled everything and was very careful. So I already have it out and labelled

So you say just don't worry about the pressure switch at all? What about the tank needing to be pressurized with a non vent cap?

So remove pressure switch & remove evap. Will the truck initially start/crank like this or will PCM have to be tuned first?

If I don't need it, I dont want to keep it. But if its necessary for first start up I may go ahead and just throw it in.

The PCM will eventually be sent out after I have it all together and running enough to move around my house. It will be sent to remove cats, rear o2s and whatever else plus to get a decent power/mpg tune.

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 06-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote