View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #34
Just-in-credible

Re: time for some upgrades

Next we moved on to the underlay and carpet up the firewall. It wasn't exactly easy, and I ended up with a few wrinkles, but luckily, it was in places you cant really see. I did the underlay in three parts, the drivers firewall , tranny hump, and passenger firewall. I just hit the jute with spray 77, and stuck it to the firewall. Man alive is this stuff ever sticky!! You WILL end up with this stuff stuck everywhere if you aren't careful. After I got the jute glued in place, I cut the carpet out and shaped it. It really turned out nice (for a first time attempt) I mean, Its not a professional interior installation, but for a guy who’s never done it before, it’s good enough. I didn’t have enough carpet to cover the back of the cab, so I will do that at a later date. I glued a sheet of underlay to the back, and that’s it. Its hidden behind the seat, so I’m the only one that should ever be looking back there, lol. I’ll take more pictures of this next time I am home.

I even mocked up seat belts! My other half said she wont drive on the highway with me anymore if it doesn't have seatbelts, and since I do enjoy riding with her, I figured I should compromise. I got a seatbelt kit from LMC truck last year and figured I would put them in when I put the new seat in. So I got all the holes drilled, and I just have to bolt them all in when I button the interior up next week.
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote