View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #37
Just-in-credible

Re: time for some upgrades

At this point I got to see the fruits of my labour with the firewall work. I put the hush mat on the firewall because last summer the heat from the firewall was pretty intense. I had a few plugs missing from the holes in the firewall, and it felt like I had a heater blowing up my shorts every time I drove it. SO that’s why I did the insulation and hush mat. After the motor warmed up and was sitting there idling, the firewall on the engine side was pretty warm to the touch. The inside of the firewall…cooooool as a cucumber. That was a pretty awesome feeling to know all that work was paying off.

And that’s about as far as I got. Once I got it up and running, I spent some quality time with the misses, mainly because she’s been helping me more than I can possibly explain. We caught up on some game of thrones on the PVR, and I packed my bag to head to work the next morning.
Next week, I have the wiring and fuel lines to tidy up a little, finish the little details on the interior, like adding a shifter ring and boot, putting the seats back in, seatbelts in, adjusting the wing windows so they will actually stay put when you’re cruising. Then I have the whole issue of the rear end. Rear discs, and posi need to go in. I also need to take it for a balance and alignment, and HOPEFULLY I can get it into an exhaust shop to get the headers and a set of new mufflers on. I have exactly 6 days of being home to get all this done. Nothing like cutting it close hey…
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote