View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
VA72C10
VA72C10

Project "Keeper"

Those who know me know I don't tend to hold onto trucks for long. After I sold off all my projects I decided that I deserved a driver. I've worked on several of these trucks and never owned a driver for more than a few weeks one time years ago. After a few months of searching and some deals missed, I finally found a "Keeper".

I wanted something that I could use around the house, fix up a little, and would be fun to take to cruise ins. Not a show truck and nothing too expensive. Since I plan to use this as a truck, I wanted a longbed and was open to C10's and C20's. I also figured if I got a longbed, it wouldn't cost as much up front, wouldn't be worth as much when I'm finished with it, and I wouldn't be inclined to sell it

Three days ago I saw this ad pop up on the local craigslist. I immediately emailed the seller and got a response the next morning. They were out of town and just got home this afternoon. I arranged to look at the truck this evening and had a price in mind. After looking it over, it was what I expected and I made an offer and we settled on the price I wanted

Drove the truck the hour home with a mix of 35-45mph country winding roads, and 70mph interstate. Didn't miss a beat the whole way. We have a driver!

It's got several things to fix on it, but that's what I enjoy about these trucks. I honestly like working on them more than driving them. It's taken me time to realize that and this one will be a fun project I can use as I improve it.

Quote:
The Details:

1972 Cheyenne 20
3/4 ton 2wd coil rear
350 engine
Turbo 350 Automatic
Power steering
Power Brakes
Tilt Wheel
Tach Dash
Factory Air Conditioning
Here are the pictures from the Advertisement: