View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #54
JayB331

Re: Project '67 Clone SWB

I'm running Headman headers Rat, think they're #69230's. They were on the truck when I bought it. I'll look for a part number and shoot it to you this evening. I'm running stock length AC Delco plugs. Pretty sure they're the platinum version of the R45's, I'll check that this evening and I'll shoot some pictures of both collectors. The only issue I have with these headers is with the #7 and #2 plugs and with the clutch z-bar. I can't fit a plug socket on either one of them, so I have to use a 5/8" open end. It's no big deal on #2 but on #7 I have to pull it from under the truck. And the #2 plug wire boot is pretty tight against the header, but I haven't had any issues with the boot.

I had Eagle Gold headers on the '72 Blazer I had back in the late '70's and they were about the same way, had a couple of plugs that were tight fits, but nothing too terrible. The worst I've ever dealt with was a '71 454 Vette a buddy of mine had a couple of years ago that had Hooker headers on it. You literally had to install half of the plugs by hand and put an open end wrench on them after you got them finger tight.

My Project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=602684
JayB331 is offline   Reply With Quote