View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #161
swamp rat

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmabolt View Post
Hey Thanks Rick!
I am using Corroseal rust converter since you apply it, it converts then becomes a primer. One step process.
I then plan to paint the underneath of the bed with Sherwin Williams Corothane 1 as a binder for my spray-in bedliner.
You can use that stuff on bare metal and many of the Line-x dealers use it as a binder before spraying the line-x bedliners.
I hope it works as well on the raptor product, but t's a urethane product that has excellent adhesions properties to just about anything

As for the lizard skin, no seam sealer planned. Just a little scuff and spray. I'm doing insulation and sound deadened. Doesn't seem like a
lot of people have used this on trucks in this forum so I am going to cover my experience here well and try and get decent pics.
Got a question on the Corroseal rust converter, when sprayed does it pretty much stay where you spray it or is it thin enough to allow it to creep between the metal pieces? I was wondering about spraying it inside the bed and if it would saturate between where the pieces are bolted together?

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote