View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #402
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

And the joke of the whole ordeal is that they charged me 14.50 for a safety inspection and did not do emissions. The law clearly says vehicles newer than 25 years old require emissions testing. My truck is 24 years old. I was just standing there with my mouth open and a confused look on my face. After all of the fussing I did with making everything just perfect for the visual part of the emission test, he didn't even open the hood. He just honked the horn, checked the lights and stuck a sticker on it.

So the total bill for the day was 62 dollars for registration and 14.50 for inspection. I'm sure there are cheaper states than Texas, but there's damn sure more expensive states too. I can't bich about 76 dollars per year for the legal end of it.

As a side note, when I insured it this morning, I switched it in place of my stepside on my policy. So now I can't drive the stepper anymore. That's cool though, I'm fixing to get elbows deep up in that thing doing a full build. And I do mean full build. Sheetmetal off, drivetrain out, reinvent the wheel stuff.