View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Anyone have a 1972 GMC with an OEM plaid interior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
AC vents are dash color.
Upper dash is dash color but with flattening agent. May actually be a different color mix too (like no metallic). I actually hate the way mine looks. They had done it body color and I made them do it the correct (per PPG sheets) color to be 'correct', but honestly I like it the dangerous shiny color better.

I think the bezel stuff depends on the trim level. Some were woodgrain, but I doubt all were. Others will know more.
The flat/matte non-glare dash finish helps and is one of the little details that sets off a nice resto. The plaid/highlander trim wasn't available on Chevy trucks with woodgrain (i.e. Cheyenne/Super) bezels/GB doors/panels from what I know. GM painted the dash top to match the dash pads (i.e., my orange truck with a black dash pad has matte finish black on top of the dash and my green K5 with saddle dash has matte saddle top of dash). All Highlander Chevy trucks had a black dash pad and I suspect the top of the dash was painted black as well rather than to match the rest of the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
I read an article that stated that the Gmc Plaid seat option had the stripes in the plaid seats laid out different
Thanks, I've heard rumor of that too but find it hard to imagine that was actually the case at time of assembly but I'm regularly wrong. Hoping pics will set the record straight - I'm eying a possible "Highlander" build.

Thanks!

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote