View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #42
c20olive

Re: Modified A-arms (what ya think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevytrucker View Post
someone had to come up with the idea of dropping a truck without custom work we would not have anything cool on cars/trucks remember when trucks had front manual drums not safe at all but some guys still run that way building a car that does over 200 miles per hour not safe but it is still done pre 60s no seat belt in back seat not safe at all im not trying to be a ass but if someone tries to build something you shouldnt pray to god for anything besides the stress is on the ball joint itself not the a arm that is why the ball joint is pressed into the a arm the wear part is the joint
Thanks man I really don't think they would break it's just all this negative feed back has got me doubting these arms the box it self acts as a gusset the only difference between mine an chevy mike is I don't have gussets on the back side I left all the structure to the arm it's self just raise the joint if you cut the arm in half yea u have got to put gussets but raising the ball joint an boxing it in should be just as strong that's just my way of thinking

IG Handle: @78bigbluecrew
c20olive is offline   Reply With Quote