View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #444
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Today's update is a little embarrassing.

Before I get into that though, I did get my floor mats yesterday.

Now, the embarrassing part. Here is the line up I had facing me this morning.

That spring is the embarrassing part. I got the front differential all back together and ran the truck around with no problems. No leaks, no noises, everything was rosy.

Then when I went to empty my drain pan the next day, I find the spring laying down in the bottom of the old gear oil.

Sucks being me. It obviously fell into the oil when I separated the diff housings and I missed seeing it.

So, take it all back apart and put the spring where it belongs.

And, this stuff. I don't ever want to live a day of my life without a tube of this in my toolbox. I think the proper name for it is anaerobic sealant. It never dries, until it's confined. So you can apply it and take your time and get it all just perfect at your leisure. Then when you torque it all down, it cures.

The second time, the job took me about an hour and a half or so. No real big deal. I also fussed with some wiring during that time too, so it wasn't all wasted effort.

After completion, road test is good. All the 4wd stuff works fine. The indicator lights work on the transfer case shift console. No noises. No leaks.