View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #136
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Four on the Floor View Post
I'd do epoxy primer then followed by raptor liner. It'll adhere to the epoxy if you shoot it within a few days.
Thank you 68 Four on the Floor. I really need to learn to paint at a rudimentary level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc4mike View Post
I love that FC jeep! I have the pickup version. Cool ride.
Rc4mike - I might be mistaken though I believe this one is a pickup. It has an eight foot bed with a winch just behind the cab. Pretty cool old piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
cool old iron in there. as for coating floor pans. I think epoxy is def the best way to go but has its moments. You have to basically prep for paint using epoxy, depending on all the nook and crannies it could be a pain. What I do and just did was brush on chassis saver which is just like POR, then I brushed on a brand called Magic from tractor supply. Black enamel. Stuff is thick, covers great. Did that on my frame.

For my cab floor, I'm going to use chassis saver, then enamel, then Hurculiner. The chassis saver and enamel are very forgiving on going over rust or non degreased areas though I recommend cleaning and whipping down still. The Hurculiner I'v yet to use but I'm sure its like most all the bedliner stuff out there. You can spray or roll it on.

Just my take, to each their own. chassis saver is 40 a qt, the enamel was on sale for 30 a gallon, and the hruculiner on ebay you can find for like 77 gallon cheapest I found.
Thanks 99 to Life - I can handle a brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
My friend just recently sprayed in Lizard skin and loved how it turned out. Since he has a gun that I can use to spray it I will most likely use lizzard skin.

Marc
Thanks Marc, I sprayed Lizard Skin on the floors of the black truck and have the sprayer so may go that route again. Gotta research if it needs to be sprayed over paint or if it will work on bare metal.

Hit it hard Saturday finishing the floor installation, ended up needing to do more fabrication along the back edge installing a flat 90 degrees (original floor support was crowned a bit), all took way longer than expected. Rather than quit for the day in the middle of it, we blew off my 35th class reunion so we could finish the plug welds in the floor. Worked late Saturday then early Sunday morning to finish up the section under the seats. Work sure takes a toll on Suburban building time.

Our plan is to continue encouraging / training our Grandson's so in a few years they can be really productive on the builds. Wife and I can really use the help!
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote