Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #456
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Nice pile of parts. I need everything there you got except the column. Which Lokar shifter did you go with the 23".

Great score on the Edelbrock. That is the same carb I have although mine is not new. I had to do some major cleaning to get it useable.

Bret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
I agree, Nice pile of parts...

Glad to see ya back after it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Nice score on the carb and parts!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Nice score on the parts bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Are you planning on leaving the underside of the dash white like that? I like it. I plan on using under dash lighting to help in illuminating the cab. That white would really reflect the light.
Congrats on the tranny pan and Major Score on the carb.
Always dig your progress.
Thanks guys! I'm accumulating quite the pile. I'm hoping to get the firewall painted this next weekend and then I'll be putting the cab back on the frame to start aligning body parts and finishing up the inside of the cab.
That white is just some light gray epoxy primer and it will be going away but the interior color should still be quite reflective.

I got the rest of the floor stripped, cut back the cab fuel tank mounts, and gave the areas around the back floor and back of the cab a good coat of rust encapsulator. I had to let that dry good so I'll be sraying the epoxy primer on the floor this next weekend.
I've decided to go with Lizard skin for sound and heat insulation on the floor. The reason for this is I'm going to carpet just the front area of the floor much the same as the stock rubber mat covers. This leaves under and behind the seats uncovered except for Lizard skin and paint. I have modified the jack and accessory mounts so I can have them mounted under my faux stock bucket seats like the stock jack setup.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote