View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:29 AM   #13
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 5.3l 4l60e issues NEED HELP!

Ok, we gotta take a step back here. We are no longer dealing with 1 small problem, but instead a handful of stuff stacked up. Your problems are confusing each other, we gotta try to eliminate one to see if the others change.

I still haven't seen you try a new maf yet, its plug-n-play, in 5 minutes you can put one in and see how much changes. We can't keep putting ideas out if you don't go through the process w/ us.

The timing thing is scaring me, so please put as little mileage on as you can. 45 degrees + is enough to pop your motor VERY quickly. If you see that kinda timing, your risking massive detonation. LS motors, especially truck motors, NEVER want more than MAYBE 32* (this is pertaining to basic swaps, but even specialty stuff doesn't want that much timing). That much timing WILL cause misfire and knock, and that is probably why the trans is shuffling and ignoring lockup. The p0116 is coolant temp, which means either a problem with the temp circuit, or overheating.

There may be a much greater problem in either the tune or the harness, but there is too much going on to pinpoint it. Get a new MAF to test that so we can rule it out. Can your scanner read misfire and knock counts? if so, tell me what it logs.

Who did the tune for this again?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote