View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

arkracing's '71 K20

Well I've finally found the beginnings of a '71 K20. Perhaps my dream work truck. I've debating on a name for the build. I've narrowed it down to 2 - "The Grow Room" & "Mossy Oak". Well when you see the pictures you will understand. I have the real mossy oak so all you impersonators with the seat covers, floormats and stickers step back Yes those are trees sprouting in the cowl cavity.

Picked up a '71 LWB 2wd yesterday with a Ton of extra parts, Mint Grille, Nice bumpers. Sheet metal is borderline, bedsides I think I can save. Cab - well I'm not sure yet. I love the rear bumper. Came with a Limited Slip 5lug rear, all the trim, new window felts etc, extra trailing arms, etc.

Picked up a '71/'72 K20 Frame from "legendman's" buddy today.

Plans included:
*D60 front diff/14bFF rear diff with 3.73 gears (I already have these in stock)
*Eventually want to go LSx/4l80,but for now I have a 350/400/NP205Round
*Stock Height, Narrow wheels with 235/85's

Trying to build a nice work truck without breaking the bank, but I'm like most here on the board and get carried away.

I'm starting a build thread b/c I think that I finally found the style and platform for my dream 4x4 work truck. Hopefully I can see this through. I've had a few Squares & GMT's but I get frustrated and sell them because they aren't what I really want.
Attached Images

-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered

Last edited by arkracing; 08-03-2014 at 10:42 PM.
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote