View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #30
Mikeeal33

Re: $3,000 driver build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
I'm in to see where Grumby goes
Grumby, I LIKE that! I think you just named her!

Zeke thanks for the advice. I'm far past that at this point, I would have done that had I known, but I didn't at the time. and got lucky............

hanly stay tuned, I will be posting more details soon. BigDaddy is correct on everything he just said, Dominators can be had by the pair for cheap, I will get them when I blow one of these china bags. I've had no problem with this Viair so far and I don't anticipate any. And my 3 gallon tank lifts the rear of the truck 3-4 times before it's about empty. The compressor turns on after the first lift, (150/180 switch) A 5 gallon would have been ideal I think, but I like that I was able to mount it and the compressor on one side of my frame rail. Keep in mind this is ONLY rear bags, front is static dropped.

Time to cut the frame for the notches, I used a Harbor Freight $20 grinder with a bunch of cutoff wheels:

Got the notches in, drilled some holes, boy that was fun on my back, hot shavings down the neck and face:

Bought 2" blocks and U-bolts from Boris/Way2lo2. It worked out to where the axle bottoms out on the notches before the bags bottom out, cool:

Next up will be shock mounts out of 2" square tubing and a custom made panhard/tracbar machined by yours truly.

Last edited by Mikeeal33; 08-06-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Mikeeal33 is offline   Reply With Quote