View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #31
my68beatertruck
GOT JACK???

I have that bottom box myself at work. i had a husky box and a craftsman box at some points too. aside from the fact that they are much smaller, there are other things to address. homeowners will open and close the drawers 5 times a week, i go in EVERY drawer several times a night. believe me, after you spend $1500 for a craftsman top and bottom box and have to replace it after 2 years because the drawers are shot, and the chassis is sagging, you start to do the math. 2 years a set, im 28, so i have a good 30+ years ahead of me....quality is not cheap up front, but it is cheap in the long run. also, the wheels can't hold up to being rolled around several times a day. the cheaper boxes also have a tendency to cave in above the wheels when you load them up. security is an issue, but i have to say, if someone wants your tools, they will get to them, but i'm not gonna make it easy for them.
Another thing i hear plenty is the craftsman lifetime warrantee. Trust me when i tell you, they will not replace your tool box every 2 years. they won't even replace it once. Sliders are easily replaced, but when a drawer, or the chassis sag, they tell you that you overloaded it and you have to fight them to get things replaced. that gets old real quick.
After spending $2500 on 2 box sets in 5 years, i find it easy to spend $7600 for my box, and an addtional 1500 for a side locker. it's a damn good investment. guys at my job have 25 year old snap-on boxes, and they still hold up well.

By the way, remember, you don't have to put snap on tools in a snap on box, i'm still using mostly craftsman tools. Some items are worth the extra money for snap on, but that is limited to specialty tools, or the tools that are really head and shoulders above the craftsmans.

By the way, Nice box, i got the same bottom in blue
my68beatertruck is offline   Reply With Quote