Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:57 AM   #465
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Looking good!
Thanks, man. How's the blue truck coming? I've noticed you picking up some parts over on the parts thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Nice work on the cab and fenders. I can appreciate the time involved as I'm in the same process myself. Keep up the good work and updates!!!
Thanks. I've been keeping an eye on your thread, also. This part of the job is my least favorite but I'm doing as much as I can myself. I wish I knew a little more about it but I'm learning as I go and still having fun.

I've been trying to do a little more on the chassis as I strip, sand, and prime body parts. Sometimes I just need a little break.
Today I bolted up the starter motor and I also had to trim the flexplate cover just a little bit where it goes around the starter. I also installed the trans dipstick and the mounting plate for my shifter. I did some preliminary measuring of where I want the shifter hole in the hump. I also measured and drilled a couple of new mounting holes in the crossmember for the driveshaft carrier bearing mount. I'll save pictures of that for when I install the driveshaft.
I also removed the lower radiator mounts and I'm going to reattach them in a better location for the radiator. They were just a little too close to the trans cooler hook up and lower radiator hose for my liking.
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote