Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #470
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
just caught up on your build and it looks like everything is moving along nicely. tons on work already done on the prep work for paint... interior and firewall look great.
Thanks for looking in, Clem. I've been trying to get as much prep work done while the weather is good and accumulating parts for assembly when the rains come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon 1967 GMC View Post
Looking really nice, look forward to following the rest of the story. I thought you said you couldn't paint? It looks awesome.
Thanks for looking in, man. It was great meeting up with you at Greg's. Let's see that build thread started on yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
Look insane bud! lol!
Thanks, T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Looking great. Nice work on the cab! Where are you going to move the rad mounts to?
Thanks, Siggy. I'm just moving the mounts slightly further apart. I probably could have made due where they were but it just didn't work for me. I'll post some more pics as I do the modification and set the radiator in.

I ordered some 3/8" SS tubing for my fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump. I will run the stainless the length needed along the frame rail with a filter inline and the connections from the stainless to the pump and tanks will be flex lines using Aeroquip Startlite hose and -an fittings to allow for movement and vibrations. I want to get the SS line attached on the frame rail before putting the cab back on. I hope that the tubing shows up before my next days off so I can get that done and then put the cab on the following weekend. I also ordered enough of the tubing to do my trans cooler lines in the same way, hard lines with flex lines on the ends for connections. I'm still trying to decide on electric cooling fans. I don't want to spend a bunch, and I'm having a hard time trusting the cheaper ones. I wanted to find a Taurus or Lincoln fan but they are too thick to work for me. I am thinking about going with 2 12" fans rather than one 16" fan so if one fan fails I will have a back up. I am open to any comments or ideas on what might be best.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote