View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #17
RockTonka

Re: 1958 Apache 38 Dually Dump Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Looken good guys. very nice to see the nice big fan in there. I only wish I could have fit the proper fan on mine. those 2 pesky cylinders on the front took care of that. Im really looken forward of pics of this thing returning the favour to you guys and getting to work pulling it's weight ! It will look good puling future projects around for years to come . How are you guys going to wire it? was the orriginal harness in good enuf shape to cary over ? I put a AAW harness in mine and have nuthing but good things to say abt it .

Keep up the great work .
Thanks 6BT! We're anxious to put it to work (and play)...like, yesterday already! We were hoping end of summer, but that's kinda here...now maybe, by Christmas?? We will rewire the truck ourselves (my son enjoys it )...not too much going on that's complicated. We stripped out all the stock wiring...not worth fooling with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
That worked out real nice on the radiator install.
Kim
Yea, kinda fell into place...tape measure said it would fit, just not how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
Man just read this whole thread and can't believe I missed it before. You have built a great truck. Hopefully my next will be a 58 as that's the year I was born. You and your son's talent is amazing, can't wait to see more. Great also your son's enjoy trucks also, you are a blessed man.
Thank you Jeff, your kind words don't fall on deaf ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
Love the long shifter and the rad install looks real nice too!
Thanks CD!

Dimpled up a strip of 16 ga. and welded it into the step of the latch panel to cover the top of the radiator, was hoping to get it smooth enough to not need any filler...gonna need a bit of a skim coat though.
Attached Images

1966 "Not-So-Original" Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 GMC Extended cab 1 1/4 ton 4X4
My Son's build thread
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote