Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #2362
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
Yes 6' beds had trailing arms, all 2WD half tons had trailing arms unless specifically ordered otherwise. When I was contemplating the 4WD coil thing I was looking at how hard it would be to adapt a Ford twin beam front diff. The problem really was that without an electronic differential transfer case you don't really get a more usable 4WD system. It's still a binding, bucking bronco on dry pavement with anything but open diffs and with seriously compromised handling.

I did the big 4WD on 37"s in my Suburban, it's awesome and you feel indestructable, but I'd rather have something now that makes me hang on around the turns... and not because you feel it's going over, I had a 215CI aluminum Buick V8 in a 1976 Buick Skyhawk back when I lived in Philly and loved that car on the river drives and down in Chester county. Eventually the Belgium block of Germantown ave ate that car , tore the whole front suspension apart.
Im thinking full locker, cable actuated, on the rear....dont know yet for the front.

I ran into those little v8 s, when i was restoring english sports cars, great motors. But, i don t think there was ever much in the way of speed parts, like the small blocks. Did that buick have the trans in the rear? Thought i remembered something weird like that...

Actually, i agree with you on going fast around turns, thats my next project. Right now my black suzy fills that need, with the high foot pegs i can really lean into turns

I hate to say this, but, i may be looking into that goofy PB stuff for the crossmember and arms. Nate may not know what i m talking about with 4WD...lol

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 09-06-2014 at 05:05 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote