View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 03:20 AM   #77
MTCK

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

Thanks COS. Glad to see you are getting out and driving your rig a bit. I'm hoping the white stuff stays away another couple of weeks... I have some more outdoor home improvement work to do before the snow flies.

I swapped the steering column, adjusted the shift linkage (after a brief freak out when I couldn't put it in park), and decided to just button it up. I've seen a few of these trucks be able to pull off the wood grain trim, but this isn't one of them, so I put the Cheyenne trim in place of the Silverado trim before installing the dash pad. I put in all my LED dash lights, dome light and courtesy lamp under the front dash. Much better. Had to tweak the contacts on the lights as the dash lights are supposed to be replaced as an assembly that includes the plastic mounting base. I took them apart and made it work.

I couldn't resist taking it for a little ride, so I took my wife a coffee since she is on night shift. Turned over 100k miles on the way there. Sure is nice having tilt steering, a real steering wheel and a stereo with Bluetooth.

Need to center the steering wheel, install the rear belts, install the fat mat on the roof, doors and pillars, drill the rest of the holes for the trim and and and and.....
Attached Images

1991 V3500 L29 454 4L80E NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's
1984 K30 292 TH400 NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's flat bed 7'6" Meyer Plow
2022 Silverado 3500 L8T
Project Daily Driver
Project Heavy Hauler
Project Plow Truck
MTCK is offline   Reply With Quote