Thread: Jackalope
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #291
daveshilling

Re: Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Wow, I can't beehive it's been THREE YEARS (almost) since there's been action on this thread.

'Ol Jackalope still looking outstanding though.

Has Delmo been resting on his laurels and doing nothing all this time?
I know, it's a serious thread resurrection, but what an honor from CCT!!

I've been debating getting the rust above the window, pillar, and corners fixed but its garaged in California..its not going to get much worse..and this isn't the kind of truck or areas I would DIY with my lack of welding experience...but a $5k price tag to do a clean sheet-metal only fix is tough...thats before paint-matching!

I did scotch brite the dash, the window openings where your arms hang out (has that perfect 50-years-of-arm-out-of-the-window wear pattern) and cleaned up the chrome badges. I also scrubbed the gray primer off of the tailgate lettering and will probably remove more primer in time... at one point the original owner sprayed primer over certain spots and then tried to repaint only in those spots.

One thing I still haven't decided on is the ashtray full of dirty cigarette butts left there from before Del even touched the truck... I dont know why I can't just get rid of them. Patina? Lol.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote