View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #1287
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Pop off the line from the frame to the pumP. Plug an open air line fitting into it and let that sucker have it. I bet since you've been driving it youve sucked a bunch of crap into the pickup or the line and plugged it.
Did some testing and checking. There was fuel in the line this time. Wasn't when I replaced the pump, but since the symptoms were the same I figured it was the same problem as before. It's not a dry fuel line. Which is good.

There was also fuel in the line to the carb. I had replaced the fuel filter in that line also. The old one was one of those clear plastic ones and you could see it was empty before. Now you cant see it, but I opened up the line and there was fuel in it. Also good.

Still had an empty carb float bowl though. A mechanic friend of mine said something about running it, warming it up, then shut it off and see if there is smoke or vapor coming out of the carb from the manifold. I think he said it indicates that fuel is leaking into the manifold from the carb, but I need to talk to him again about it, cuz thats what its doing. I rebuilt the carb myself and it was a first time for me doing an edelbrock, but honestly it's not that complicated and I didn't have any problems doing it. I didn't notice any cracks but maybe I missed something or something came loose after install.

It needs some good tuning (not one of my strengths and I'm not equipped to do it properly). Maybe I should take it to a place in Springfield with a dyno and let them fix it and tune it. Probably worth the money to get it sorted out. It should have an electric choke added also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy79 View Post
Man just flipped through your thread and hit the high spots. The pics are worth a thousand words! Felt like I was on an Epic journey! Nice work! Love the pic of your son start and finish. hits home for my dad and I Cheers!
It had some adventure to it. Doesnt seem like it when its spread out in real time over several years, but seeing it condensed into a few pages (or 50) it seems like a lot of directional changes and it did evolve way beyond I ever expected it to. I'm glad it did though. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Got a chance to sit down and skip through the last couple of pages. Only 2nd day off this month.
Looks like you've been busy. Those new to you tires look like a good start on the next project.
Thanks for looking and catching up. I'm starting to look for axles. Not looking real hard yet cuz I need the checkbook to catch up with some other things first. I think the next stage of this build will take off this winter though. If I can afford to get the axles anyways.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote