View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #216
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Sheet Metal Mania..... Well, had a friend of mine come over and we started chipping away at what neither of us has attempted before, and that is putting the body back together. The bed was easy enough. Used the engine hoist and dropped her on. I have been told the bed is the last thing to go on so it's not bolted down just yet.

I was then told that the doors go on next and then fender get fit to the doors. So after about 2 hours of shimmying the drivers door around we finally got it about 95 percent of the way aligned when I discovered I had no shims in my possession. Son-of-a_B_ _ ch!! It seems like the upper portion of the door frame sits back into the door opening a little too much, but not sure without an example. If anybody has gap pics that would be much appreciated. Also, if there are any pointers to hanging the doors that would be great as well. Starting at zero sucks.

And last but not least got the ECM wires cleaned up and ready for a grommet I had to order.

Tomorrow, the passengers door and hopefully a fender, or two... Wow, Reno is starting to look like a truck again. Feels good!!