View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #38
Kenfuzed

Re: Ken's 1966 C10 Short Fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
The engine looks great sitting in there. I also had some trouble with my HF lift and I didn't have anything in the way at the time. I had the same problem with the casters being too high to get under the a-arms without jacking up the truck some.
I also used the front mounting holes with the CPP tubular mounts and I didn't have to cut the frame for them to fit. Just remember that even though there looks to be a lot of room, the fit gets pretty tight when you move the engine forward. I have about 4" clearance between the water pump pulley and the radiator. I am using a serpentine bracket system and I don't know if that makes a difference, but I am using low profile 12" fans and that works for me.
What are you planning on using for cooling?
Nice looking engine!

So far my plans for cooling include:
  • 3 row aluminum raditator
  • Flex fan on a 3" spacer
I need to make some saddle mounts for the new radiator since my old ones are not wide enough (were used with the smaller 6-cylinder radiator).

I don't currently have a shroud so I need to mock something up or search for something at the Pomona swap meet this weekend. I've also considered an electric fan since Southern Cal traffic can require a lot of stop/go traffic at lower RPMs. One thought I had was to run both the mechanical fan and then an electric fan on the front side as a pusher back through the radiator. Having some redundancy in cooling would insure that the engine remains cool in traffic when we have these 90-100 degree days.

Ken's 1966 C10 build "Red Ale"
Follow on Instgram: @cv_performance
https://instagram.com/cv_performance
Harley Performance Parts: CV Performance (Harley related)
Enjoying the ride!

Last edited by Kenfuzed; 10-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Kenfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote