View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #4
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: My 1961 crew cab- XRMYCRU

No pictures from todays expedition (camera battery), but I got in and pulled the seats, seat belts, floor mats, and 1/2 the headliner ( I should probably be on hantivirus alert), and started to take stake on how to go about the project.
the pluses are that I have been quietly collecting some early cabs and doors to try and build my own crew... this just makes it a lot easier.
after looking today, I will be able to save all the coach built parts of the truck, and will have to replace the cowl/windshield area due to the rodent damage, and the rear panel, outer/inner, due to rodent damage as well.
I am 99% sure that I am going to use this stretched 61 frame, but I am 50/50 on whether to keep it as a 3/4 ton, or change to a 1/2 ton... I have a modern 3/4 limited slip, and 2wd front suspension, but I also have a 66 6 lug posi, or a 87 limited slip-5 lug and matching 5 lug front suspension... still thinking on that.
I have a new rebuilt 350, and a cool 5 speed trans that came out of my 61 GMC 4000.
I have a nice short step box that can go right on it, and a 60 hood and a 60 big truck grille that I will cut down to fit.

here are some pics of the coach built frame stretch
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote