View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #6
riceranch

Re: '71 Suburban 4wd brake drums made of unobtanium?

Thank you all,
I suppose I got discouraged after last weeks "we can't get those pushrods for the slave cylinders" hunt and this weeks "we can't get those drums" combined with "that'll probably be 1200 bucks" to put those together for you" hunt.

vectorit: I'm looking for that shop and I know I'll find it or a neighbor will see me working on it and offer help eventually. I was just turned off after getting sent to two shops by the guys at NAPA who wanted to charge me close to what I paid for the truck. I may end up with a hydraulic press in the garage since the quotes I got for ball-joint replacement were plain nuts as well.

CrewCab59: Thanks for the reminder, I have all the parts bathed in penetrating oil and will be giving them a nudge tomorrow. Now if I could just figure out what my boys did with my 2lb sledge

72 K20 Fleetside: Heat will not be ignored. My wife wants me to make some creme brûlée so the torch has to get broken out anyway

Bigdav160: That's what I'm wondering. I may end up going that way if the drum I just got won't work. My mindset was to do the best I could with what I have so I bought parts that I needed based on what I could see… I just didn't figure on experiencing the resistance to getting the pieces and parts I need. Perhaps this is more of a lesson for me as I keep telling my boys to be patient, do what you know how to do and ask questions even if the first answer you get is that it can't be done.

Thanks again guys,
Mark-Anthony
riceranch is offline   Reply With Quote