View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #274
Orangetonicclicc

Re: 1967 C10 Urban Retro

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  58.9 KB

Speaking of my rims, when I initially purchased my FOOSE NITROUS. I ran in to several obstacles. First, they had discontinued the rim in 22 inch. Next I found 5 of them 22x9.5 with a pair with 4.5bs and the other pair 5.25bs. But the lug pattern had to be machined to fit my lug pattern. Well I had bought drop spindles years in advance. I even purchased a early 70's rear end for a 5 lug straight bolt up patter and what I thought was a perfect gear ratio. Well fast forwarding years later and now ready to buy tires. My tire guy questioned my application and was concerned about clearance. Most guys aren't concerned about capabilities and just looking to make a buck! But Tommy Lee from TNT Motor Sports in Tulsa, Oklahoma was not one of them! He not only mounted a tire for me to take with me to test fit, even though we had just met by a mutual new friend a member of the forum. He also was concerned about the width of my replacement rear end and the gear ratio. After much research and measuring we realized that although my truck's original rearend was a 4:11 gear ration which was perfect in length and for my application of a 700R4 and 22 inch rims and would go perfect with my 4.5bs. My only problem was my 5.25 with the drop spindles would not clear. So we had to go with the CPP Modular Spindle! It tucked my rim in just enough to give me the ride and clearance I was looking for and needed!

Last edited by Orangetonicclicc; 10-19-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Orangetonicclicc is offline   Reply With Quote