View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #14
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick67 View Post
Jarrod, did the cab/bed move a little bit on the frame from the fender bender? Now I know the story behind the truck, too cool!!! This explains why you are partial to these trucks! I am subscribed bud!!
David, I don't think the cab has moved much if any. I've crawled around under it and tried to see if there is any more damage from the front end hit. Haven't seen anything blatantly obvious, plus the bed to cab gap is equal all around.

The rear bumper is tweaked up on the driver side but looks like he may have attached a chain or something to the frame and got pulled out, twisting the bumper up?

I've decided to get new cab mounts installed before I align the front sheetmetal, if I can get it pretty close I'll call it good enough and save the finish work to the body shop when I blow it apart for paint. My thinking is to go with a Porterbuilt front dropmember as opposed to having a custom setup built. My reasoning: PB stuff is jig built and will arrive perfect. Custom setup wouldn't be and if my frame is still a little tweaked, it will forever remain that way.

This will be an extremely slow build, maybe ready for LST 2016! If they'll let me register it.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote