View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #19
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Not a ton accomplished this weekend between dr's appointments and my daughters birthday, but some progress is still progress.

Started off by cleaning up the blower hole and prepping it for blanking off. Scratched around with a wire brush the best I could and sprayed some rust preventer inside. Let that dry and shot some rubberized undercoating in there.

The undercoating wasn't my brightest idea! When welding the blank over the hole the it caught fire.
Good thing I had the water hose handy.
Anyway didn't get a ton of pics but got the blank welded up good enough.

Then started to get the curved piece put on.

It's pretty well tacked up just have a bunch of grinding to finish up, back was giving me trouble from stooping over grinding. So I called it quits early, I'll get more done next weekend hopefully.

Scored a high hump from the parts board and member nlped, pretty happy with the purchase.

And scored a pair of NOS rocker panels from 60-66 on the parts board.

Ran a temporary power line out to the work area and the welder worked much better, no voltage drops. Made a trip to the welding supply store today and grabbed some .023 wire and contact tips. I'll get that rigged up next weekend and see if it works better for me than this .030 wire on the sheet metal.
Planning to hit the swap meet Friday afternoon in Conroe and see if I can pick up a few items.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote