Old 10-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #4887
Thumper's '65

Re: My 1965 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Thanks Man

Thanks, it's 1969 Hugger Orange

Thanks for the picture of the bushings

The seat brackets are almost done. I bolted them to the seats, set the seats in place, aligned, then tacked in place. Finaly I drilled thru the bracket and floor 16 times. I will remove the tacks and clean up

This is what the bottom of the center seat looks like or use too.

Right now this is what it looks like. It got late last night and didn't finish the last leg. I just cut off the feet and turned them to the inside. There was some interfearance with the seats. I had to locate the center seat to the front somewhat because when I flipped the center seat back up it hit the back of the cab. After all of this i realized that the seat brackets probably weren't needed. I could have flipped the center seat brackets the way I did and just shortened them. The seats sat on the floor just fine without the center seat in. But with the seats being raised it made it more comfortable and more leg room. I felt like it was easier to reach the pedals. I've sat in another truck with these same seats and it was ackward driving it, by that I mean I felt like I had to lift my leg up when going from the gas to the brake.

When you flipped the jump seat brackets, did that keep the front brackets from being too far forward? I have the same seat mounted (without modifying the bracket), but it sticks out to the front past the hump.
Thumper's '65 is offline   Reply With Quote