View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
bterry97gt

Thumbs up Project 'Kickin Wing' (No Limits/Hotchkis/PorterBuilt/LS Power)

Hey guys, been lurking around this site for a while and finally get to start a build thread of my own. I have always liked the 67-72 body style truck and wanted to build one, but between college, getting married, and buying a house; the time or funds haven't been available.

Well, when I finally graduated I guess I thought I had to have a new (to me) car. So I bought an 05 C6. It was a fun car but I quickly found out that I was going to get bored with it. I like to tinker more than I like to drive and Corvette upgrades are not cheap. So not long after buying it I took a trip with the family to the Fall Rod Run in Pigeon Forge TN and saw a few C10's and decided that it was time to let the 'vette go and buy a C10 to build.

Here is the C6 leaving with its new owner:

While I had the car for sale I was on the hunt for a 67-68 SWB, me and my dad looked at quite a few and ran across a 68 SWB just a few miles from my house. It had some issues, but it was all there and the rusty areas were repairable. I negotiated with the guy and we worked out a pretty good deal. They delivered the truck to me about an hour after the guy picked up the Corvette Here it is in all its glory!

Plans are lose right now but I do have a general idea of where I am heading with it. It will be a frame off build with a pro-touring feel. It won't be a full blown tube chassis autocross machine or anything like that. I am just wanting something that has a little better street manners that is fun to drive. I will be using the stock suspension configuration with some mods from the 'Make it Handle' thread and parts from No-Limits, Porterbuilt, and Hotchkis. It will also have a 5.3/4l60e with minor mods. I haven't made any decisions on paint or anything else on the exterior or interior, but I do have some ideas rolling around in my head. I have been doing a little research on wheel fitment and plan to come up with something that is a little different/non-traditional.

Anyways, there will be more updates soon. I have already started tearing the truck down and have a few parts on the way.
bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote