View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
Andy4639
Old member

Re: CPP Brakes SUCK!!!!!!!!!

20 hrs total spent on this install. The kit sucks! I do have them installed but I wasn't happy at all with it. I had to buy parts from my local parts store and I was told this kit was for a Chevy truck 12 bolt. The instructions all state Chevelle and Camaro nothing about trucks. The hard lines didn't fit the Tee connection to small and the bracket they have didn't fit the S/S braided hose fitting to hold to the axle.

The spacers are not used on either side. I had to use 3 washers on the drivers side and nothing on the passenger side. I will get the spacer machined down to reinstall on the drivers side. The t-bolts are not grade 8 so I will swap them also. The calipers are a ***** to adjust. I followed their instructions to the tee and I have pretty good brakes but I don't think the kit is very well thought out are user friendly!
I sent CPP a e mail telling them how much I disliked the kit and what all the problems where.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.

Last edited by Andy4639; 11-02-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote