View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
bterry97gt

Re: Project 'Kickin Wing' (No Limits/Hotchkis/PorterBuilt/LS Power)

Got a little bit of work done this week despite the cooler weather. Earlier this week my brother-in-law came over and helped me get the truck in my (very small) garage and get the clip and engine removed.

The trans leaked almost all of its fluid out once the driveshaft came out. Also, you cant really tell in pictures, but there is so much grease/dirt/mud caked around the spindle area that you cant even see the ball joints

Also got the bed removed with the help of my wife

And here is how she sits now

This week I plan to pressure wash all the gunk of the frame that I can and get the truck back in the garage. Then hopefully get the engine and trans put together and test fitted to check for clearance before i remove the cab and get the frame and suspension sand blasted. I am planning to get the engine as far back as possible using POL tubular mounts in the 6 cyl location with adjustable motor mount plates. I also want to check header clearance while its in there. My goal is to not have to do any clearancing or hole drilling in the frame after I paint it to avoid rust stains around holes and crossmembers.
bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote