View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
rcsbls2

Is there a new Trend in Wheels?

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Silverado Short Box. As my daily driver it gets to live in Michigan with me!!

When new <1000 miles I installed a Bell Tech 4-7 inch lowering kit. In the winter months I run the factory 17" rims. Then come early April I can Get out my American Racing 20" Wheels for the summer months. With it lowered and 2 wd the snowy winter roads are a challenge (actually can push snow with front spoiler), but I love the lowered look .
Name:  DCFC0008.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  73.7 KB

Last week I got the new issue of Truckin Magazine and it appears that more and more manufactures of wheels are showing more colors. Lots of black but some green, blue, red and orange accents. My wheels have been on the truck for 7 years and are beginning to peel. The magazine had an article showing this going on and they blasted and sanded wheels, then powder primer applied to them and sanded to level the missing chrome. Followed that with semi gloss black power coated them.

So I have an idea. I am all about Chrome Wheels. Black does not do anything for me. So here is my wild idea!! What if I go to bright red wheels? I could put them in blast cabinet, sand out some to try and blend chrome. Then possibly get a coat of powder primer, sand that and coat with Gloss red powder.
Can somebody photoshop my wheels to see the look? I know there is a photo shop section but I'll start here where these trucks are discussed.
Name:  DCFC0009.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  73.0 KB

So what do we think? Good Idea? Bad idea ? Lots of dollars for new.

Maybe beat manufactures to the punch!!!
rcsbls2 is offline   Reply With Quote