View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #24
bterry97gt

Re: Project 'Kickin Wing' (No Limits/Hotchkis/PorterBuilt/LS Power)

Progressing slowly, I have just been trying to dedicate a couple hours an afternoon and atleast a half day on weekend days to work on the truck. Don't want to get burnt out to quickly and want to keep the wife happy (even though she wasn't happy about losing her garage parking spot due to truck parts ). Got the cab removed and all the small parts like brake lines, e-brake cables, and gas lines off and labeled in baggies. Most of this stuff wont be used again, but I am trying to go slow and label it all really well just in case.

I am planning to get the rear end and front crossmember out this week. I was hoping to get it sand blasted before the weekend where me and my Dad could get started on the boxing and bracing of the frame, but it looks like it will be next week. I called the closest sandblasting place and they quoted $325 just to blast the bare frame! I thought that was insane and called around and found another place that would do it for $125 but they can't get to it until next week. I can wait a few days to save a couple hundred bucks.
bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote