View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 01:16 AM   #68
moggey01

Re: Project "lighten it up" including Scott's IFS install

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane View Post
i am realy thinking of mounting my radiator to the back bars of my cage. you no the ones that go down from the main hoop to the back of the frame, the radiator would set inside the box of the truck with some duct work runing to the ground so air would flow from under the truck and up. to do this i thought of using aluminum tubing run on the inside of the frame. so there would be no radiator or support up front. and the weight would be right in front of the rear tires. just don't no if this would be a legality issue or a heat issue. of course i would have to run fenderwell headers.

anyways just idea at the extreme.

later Andrew K
Thats the plan on mine . My radiator is kind of big with 2 big fans . Its aluminum but heavy so I want it in the rear. I dont think drawing air will be that big of a deal because of the size of the fans. Alot of the turbo street cars run a smaller radiator in the rear and drive on the street. Wont be problem with rules , drag radial guys are doing it. I will have an aluminum bed cover , thinkin it need louvers to get hot air out also.
Attached Images

moggey01 is offline   Reply With Quote